Report by Jack Stroudley 
Alan Devonshire made one change to the side who drew with Bromley on the 6th January with Shawn McCoulsky replacing Chanka Zimba. 
It was a slow start at York Road with blistery conditions making it difficult for either team to maintain lengthy spells of possession, Cisse had the first chance of the game from a corner but his header was well collected by Craig Ross. 
The visitors continued to grow into the game with Declan Skura firing from distance, the strike was straight at Ross in net. 
Maidenhead’s first effort of the game came through Reece Smith whose free-kick blazed over the bar. 
A quiet game filled with set-pieces during the first-half created yet another chance for the visitors. Omari Sterling-James’s ambitious free-kick from distance forced a good stop out of Ross. 
Maidenhead grew into the half with two golden opportunities to take the lead. Ashley Nathaniel-George had the first of those chance when effort from range beat Ebbsfleet keeper Mark Cousins but struck the crossbar before being cleared away. 
Minutes later, Sam Barratt won the ball back in a dangerous position, the ball fell to Shawn McCoulsky whose goal-bound strike was cleared off the line by the visitors. 
In an end-to-end game, Dominic Poleon then struck towards goal, the strike was blocked by Kevin Lokko and collected by Ross. 
Maidenhead continued to pile on the pressure for the opening goal, Casey Pettit was the next to hit the woodwork with a close-range effort striking the post. 
Half-time: Maidenhead United 0-0 Ebbsfleet United 
Sterling-James had the first effort of the second half with a low-driven shot which forced a good stop from Ross. 
Reece Smith had Maidenhead’s first chance of the second period, his strike was well saved by Cousins who tipped wide for a corner. 
The Magpies once again picked up a flurry of free-kicks in dangerous positions but failed to create any clear-cut chances to trouble Ebbsfleet. 
Similarly to the beginning of the first-half, neither team were able to stamp their authority during the opening exchanges of the second-half. 
The second-half struggled to get going, in the latter stages substitute Chanka Zimba’s header flew past the post and failed to trouble Cousins in goal. 
Ebbsfleet took the lead in the final ten minutes of the game. A good move from the visitors fell to substitute Dominic Samuel who curled the ball into the bottom corner. 
A golden opportunity presented itself for Pettit to level the game late in the day, a good ball into the box fell to the midfielder but he couldn’t get his effort on-target. 
The game then fizzled out and the visitors left York Road with all three points. 
Full-time: Maidenhead United 0-1 Ebbsfleet United 
Maidenhead United – Craig Ross, Zico Asare, Sam Beckwith, Kevin Lokko, Ashley Nathaniel-George, Shawn McCoulsky (Zimba 73’), Kane Ferdinand, Casey Pettit, Reece Smith (Mitchell-Lawson 73’), Alan Massey ©, Sam Barratt 
Ebbsfleet United – Mark Cousins, Josh Wright ©, Mustapha Olagunju (O’Neill 60’), Omari Sterling-James (Domi 77’), Ousseynou Cisse, Rakish Bingham (Samuel 72’), Craig Tanner, Dominic Poleon, Ben Chapman, Declan Skura, Myles Kenlock 
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings