Report by Mehmet Karsanti 
The Magpies picked up all 3 points at York Road as they defeated FC Halifax Town 1-0 in the Vanarama National League. 
Alan Devonshire made 2 changes to his side following the defeat away at Oxford City in the Emirates FA Cup first round last weekend, as Will De Havilland and Ashley Nathaniel-George made way for James Golding and Charlee Adams. 
After an uneventful first 25 minutes, the first-half chance fell to Maidenhead after an adventurous looping effort from Jayden Mitchell-Lawson from the right-hand side of the 18-yard box was caught by Halifax keeper Sam Johnson. 
The visitors had their first chance not long after, as Florent Hoti had an effort from range just go narrowly wide of the target. 
Shortly after, the Magpies had their first shot on target with Charlee Adams after a long-range effort was well saved by the visitor’s keeper. 
Moments later the Magpies opened the scoring after a cross into a busy penalty area was steered in by Kane Ferdinand. 
The visitors nearly found the equalizer just before halftime, as Aaron Cosgrove cut inside to the box, but he saw his curling effort just go narrowly wide. 
HALF TIME – Maidenhead United 1-0 FC Halifax Town 
The Magpies got close to doubling their lead just as the second half began with Zico Asare after he found himself within the 18-yard box, but his effort was blocked out for a corner. 
The magpies got close again from the resulting corner as the corner was initially headed back out to Sam Beckwith whose cross-turned shot was saved in time on the line by the Halifax Keeper. 
The Shaymen had their first chance of the second half while searching for an equaliser, as Florent Hoti had his second long-range effort of the game, but his effort was well gathered by captain Craig Ross this time around. 
Maidenhead once again got close to doubling their lead, after Sam Beckwith found Jayden Mitchell-Lawson following a good give-and-go with Kane Ferdinand on the left-hand side, but Mitchell-Lawson's shot was just steered wide for a corner by Sam Johnson. 
With 10 minutes to go the visitors got close to an equaliser, as Ryan Galvin made a run into the 18-yard box from the left-hand side who played a low cross into the busy penalty area, but the ball was well cleared by the Magpies. 
With 5 minutes to go Charlee Adams saw himself sent off after a second yellow card. 
With not long left in the game the Shaymen continued their search for an equaliser after a free kick from Florent Hoti was saved at the top corner by Craig Ross. 
The Magpies got close to a second with Sam Barratt, but his effort was stopped by Sam Johnson. 
Maidenhead held onto their 1 goal lead for the final moments of the game picking up all 3 points at York Road. 
FULL TIME – Maidenhead United 1-0 FC Halifax Town 
Maidenhead United - Craig Ross, Zico Asare, James Golding, Remy Clerima, Sam Beckwith, Kane Ferdinand, Casey Pettit, Charlee Adams, Reece Smith, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson (Sam Barratt 77’), Tobi Sho-Silva (Alan Massey 90’) 
FC Halifax Town – Sam Johnson, Jamie Stott, Adam Senior (Tyler Golden 75’), Jordan Keane, Jack Hunter (Luke Summerfield 64’), Kane Thompson-Sommers (Andrew Oluwabori 86’), Ryan Galvin, Florent Hoti, Millenic Alli, Max Wright, Aaron Cosgrave 
Tagged as: Club, Men
Share this post:

Leave a comment: 

Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings