Alan Devonshire made two changes to the side who lost 2-1 to FC Halifax Town in midweek with Will De Havilland and Jayden Mitchell-Lawson coming in for Sam Barratt and Remy Clerima. 
Maidenhead started the game strong with two half chances created via Reece Smith and Tobi Sho-Silva but neither challenged Oldham keeper Matthew Hudson. 
Oldham had the ball in the back of the net inside the opening ten minutes through Liam Hogan before the linesman raised his flag for offside. 
The visitors grew into the game and forced Maidenhead into their own half for long periods during the first half and despite looking lively failed to threaten Craig Ross in goal. 
The constant pressure from Oldham paid off in the 15th minute when a long ball into the box found the path of Joe Garner who slotted the ball past Ross. 
A golden opportunity presented itself to the visitors just minutes later to double their advantage. After a tricky run from Devarn Green he squared the ball to Mike Fondop who failed to hit the target despite having an open-net. 
Some good work from Oldham down the left flank presented Fondop with another opportunity for the visitors, his header inside the box skimmed over the crossbar. 
Maidenhead’s best chance of the half fell to Ashley Nathaniel-George who reacted first to a Tobi Sho-Silva header, he weaved past a defender but his strike went just wide. 
Half-time: Maidenhead United 0-1 Oldham Athletic 
It was evenly contested during the opening stages of the second half with both sides battling hard to gain possession early on. 
Oldham doubled their advantage just before the hour mark after a scramble in the box following a corner fell to Fondop who struck the ball into the roof of the net. 
The first chance of the half for Maidenhead fell to Jayden Mitchell-Lawson who shot on the spin but failed to get enough power on it to trouble Hudson. 
It was a half of few chances with the visitors controlling most of the ball and making life difficult for Maidenhead to pose any attacking threat. 
After some nice play from Mitchell-Lawson, the ball fell to substitute Charlee Adams on the edge of the box whose effort blazed over the bar. 
Oldham added their third in stoppage when a delivery into the box was partially cleared and fell to Fondop in space who dispatched for his second of the game. 
Maidenhead did get one back in stoppage time when a scramble in the box fell to Sam Beckwith who slotted into an open net. 
Full-time: Maidenhead United 1-3 Oldham Athletic 
Maidenhead United – Craig Ross ©, Zico Asare, Sam Beckwith, Will De Havilland, Kevin Lokko, Ashley Nathaniel-George (Sam Barratt 64’), Kane Ferdinand, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Tobi Sho-Silva (Chanka Zimba 64’), Casey Pettit (Charlee Adams 77’), Reece Smith. 
Oldham Athletic – Matthew Hudson, Liam Hogan © (Harrison McGahey 60’), Shaun Hobson, Mike Fondop, Nathan Sheron, Devarn Green (Dan Gardner 67’), Charlie Raglan, Will Sutton, Joe Garner (Josh Lundstram 90’), Oliver Hammond, Tom Conlon. 
Share this post:

Leave a comment: 

Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings