Scott Hargreaves writes on an emphatic win for the Magpies... 
Maidenhead United secured their spot in round 3 of the National Futsal Cup with an emphatic 13-3 victory over Trent Valley. 
Eight different goal scorers on the day for United against a resolute Trent defence who came to Bradfield College with good energy despite their low numbers. 
The first half was all about Harry Tozer, the Magpies forward grabbed four goals inside the opening 20 minutes. 
Tozer was the man to get the scoring underway after just three minutes, Maidenhead had been probing for an opening and found it through a stroke of fortune. 
His strike across goal deflected off the Trent defender and past the goalkeeper who was caught out by the ricochet. 
Diogo Luz and Aran Carter also go on the scoresheet for United in the first half, they both finished tidily from close range. 
Trent also got a goal of their own, but it came from a United defender, a split pass broke down the Magpies defence before a low cross was turned into his own goal by Barvand. 
But the pick of the bunch was from Tozer with his fourth on the stroke of halftime. With the ‘keeper out of his goal, Tozer received the ball from a quick kick-in inside the United half, before lobbing over the retreating defender into the top corner. 
HALF TIME – Maidenhead United 6-1 Trent Valley Futsal 
A goal at the end of the first half was matched by a goal at the start of the second half, James Grant latched onto a loose ball before finishing into the side netting. 
Jacob Evans was the next to score, he won an aerial battle before taking a smart touch around the ‘keeper and slotting into an empty net – his first of two similar finishes in the game. 
Carl Tappin and Brayden Lissington further extended Maidenhead’s lead quickly after Evans to make 11-1. 
Another switch of play caught Maidenhead out and created a chance for Trent, Aldridge did well to control it before drilling his half volley into the goal, but it was nothing more than a consolation. 
Grant grabbed another before Christian Edwards finished the scoring for United from the long penalty spot. The penalty was awarded for five fouls conceded by Trent Valley, Edwards proceeded to smash it into the top right for his first of the season. 
There was just enough time on the clock for Trent to get a third, a lapse in United’s concentration left Coates open and he snuck his shot into the near post. 
FULL TIME – Maidenhead United 13-3 Trent Valley Futsal 
Maidenhead will have to wait to find out their opponent for the next round, however, they will return to league action next week as they travel to the National Cycling Centre to face Manchester Futsal Club. 
Tagged as: Club, Futsal
Share this post:

Leave a comment: 

Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings