Scott Hargreaves rounds-up the weekend Futsal action for the Magpies. 
A disappointing day out in Derby ended in a 4-1 defeat for Maidenhead against Bolton Futsal. 
The opening exchanges were played at a high tempo, with Bolton having the stronger start and the visitors squandered a great chance early on, firing off target when the goal was open. 
However, Bolton did manage to take the lead just before halfway through the first half as McGrath squeezed his shot past Lazarus from a tight angle. 
Following the goal, the game turned into a bit of a scrap and Bolton reached five fouls just after 10 minutes. This handed Maidenhead a route back into the game as any foul after the fifth results in a 10-metre penalty. 
Just 10 seconds after the fifth foul Aran Carter was tripped, and a 10-metre penalty was awarded. Christian Edwards stepped up, but his effort was off target, high, and to the right of the goal. 
No more than a minute later, Carter was fouled again, and this time he assumed responsibility from the spot. Carter shot low to Payne’s right, but the keeper was able to save, maintaining Bolton’s lead. 
With Maidenhead probing and Bolton fortunate not to be behind, the game was becoming stretched, and chances were opening at both ends. 
Three minutes before halftime, Bolton doubled their lead through Lawless. This time McGrath turned creator, passing the ball across the face of goal, giving Lawless the easy task of tapping in at the back post. 
Within 30 seconds of their second, Bolton added a third through McGrath again. A free kick deep in Maidenhead’s half was played into McGrath who, with his back to goal, was able to pivot and chip the ball into the far corner. 
HALF TIME – Maidenhead United 0-3 Bolton Futsal 
It took 10 minutes before any notable action occurred in the second half, and it was United’s top scorer Brayden Lissington who stung the palms of Bickerstaffe in the Bolton net. 
From the corner that followed, Lissington did manage to find a way past Bickerstaffe and get a goal back for the Magpies. A trademark move from Lissington as he skipped out the block on the near post before drilling his shot through two defender’s legs and into the far corner. 
Two minutes later, the dangerous duo of Lawless and McGrath combined again to get Bolton fourth. A long ball from Bickerstaffe landed at McGrath’s feet, and he back-heeled the ball to Lawless who was able to finish into the far corner from distance. 
McGrath nearly scored his hat trick 30 seconds from time, but a strong split save from Tom Dutton denied him and kept the score at four. 
FULL TIME – Maidenhead United 1-4 Bolton Futsal 
Maidenhead will have to wait to bounce back in the league, but an opportunity to regain some momentum waits for the Magpies in the NFS Cup this weekend. Maidenhead welcome Newham Baku to Gunnersbury Sports Hub while Bolton hosts Birmingham WLV. 
Tagged as: Club, Futsal
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings