Scott Hargreaves rounds-up the weekend Futsal action for the Magpies. 
United fell to their first defeat of the season against Manchester Futsal Club losing 6-2 in the NFS Tier One. 
Both teams went into the game on equal records, three wins, and a draw in the opening four league fixtures. 
Manchester started the game strong and gave the Magpies few opportunities to break forward, let alone create any meaningful shooting chances. 
It took just four minutes for United’s defence to buckle, and a piece of individual brilliance from Adubofour gave Manchester the lead. Adubofour faked to go in his right before cutting back onto his stronger left foot before smashing his hot into the top left corner from about 15 yards out. 
Manchester doubled their lead just three minutes later, Stapleton did well to beat his defender before making a brilliant pass to the back post for Thompson to easily tap in. 
Again, Manchester were able to find their man open at the back post, this time Richardson found Uniatowicz to make it 3-0. 
Thompson got his second of the game through a similar move. United switched off from a Manchester kick-in and a quick pass took out the whole team, leaving Thompson open to delicately volley home. 
Maidenhead goalkeeper Ben Lazarus pulled off some fine saves to keep the score down and make sure United only went into halftime down by four goals. 
United had a chance to get one back before the break, after a bit of chaos in the Manchester area the ball fell to Carl Tappin but he could not convert from five yards out. 
HALF TIME – Manchester Futsal 4-0 Maidenhead United 
United started the second half with much more intent to their play and were rewarded a couple of minutes in when a Manchester defender diverted the ball into his own net. Harry Tozer drilled the ball at goal from range, but on its way, it was diverted into the near post completely wrong-footing the ‘keeper. 
Manchester nullified this momentum pretty quickly and grabbed their fifth within minutes. An intelligent reverse, split pass from Edge was met by Stapleton’s run on the opposite side, Stapleton guided the ball back across the goal into the far top corner. 
Richardson added Manchester’s sixth by getting a slight touch on Edge’s shot to lift it into the net. 
Jacob Evans grabbed a consolation goal for United when he combined with Burkett, a neat one-two from the pair created space for Evans in behind who then lifted the ball over the on-rushing goalkeeper. 
FULL TIME – Manchester Futsal 6-2 Maidenhead United 
Next weekend brings around another central venue weekend for the NFS Tier One at Repton School Sports Centre. Manchester will face Derby, while the Magpies will play Bolton live on TNT Sports. 
Tagged as: Club, Futsal
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings