Report by Reece Brown 
The Magpies took all 3 points back to York Road, as they beat 10-man Wealdstone 1-0 at Grosvenor Vale in wet and windy conditions. 
Alan Devonshire made 2 changes to the side who drew away at York last weekend, as Kane Ferdinand and Sam Barratt made way for Reece Smith and Remy Clerima. 
Maidenhead were quick out of the blocks, and had a great chance to open the scoring after 5 minutes. Reece Smith won the ball high up the pitch, but his effort was tipped past the post by Dewhurst. 
Smith had another great chance 10 minutes later, as he brought down the ball with his back to goal, turned the defender and fired a shot towards the bottom left corner, but Dewhurst saved well once again. 
Dewhurst was called into action again shortly after, as Ashley Nathaniel-George picked up on a mistake by the Wealdstone defence, cut onto his right foot and shot, but the Stones goalkeeper was equal to the effort. 
Wealdstone had their first chance of the game just before the half-hour mark, as a free kick was drilled into the box but no players could get the final touch to poke it into the back of the net. 
With a few minutes remaining in the half, the hosts were down to ten men, as Wealdstone skipper Jack Cook took down Jayden Mitchell-Lawson on the edge of the box, and was shown a second yellow card. 
HALF TIME - Wealdstone 0 - 0 Maidenhead United 
Maidenhead started the second half the stronger of the two teams, but the first threat to Dewhursts goal came just before the hour mark, when Sam Barratts powerful strike sailed just wide of the post. 
5 minutes later, it was Casey Pettits turn to test the Wealdstone goal, as a free kick was cleared only to the edge of the box, where Pettit met the ball first time but Dewhurst gathered the ball down to his left. 
With 20 minutes left of the game, the Magpies had another great chance to take the lead, as a corner was only cleared as far as Reece Smith whose low shot was fired into a sea of bodies and cleared away. 
Immediately after, Wealdstone looked to counter as Corie Andrews found himself through on goal, but his shot was high and wide. 
On the 75 minute mark, Maidenhead finally had the lead. Sam Beckwith drove into the box down the left, cut the ball back to Nathaniel-George, and the winger placed his shot into the top right corner. 
FULL TIME - Wealdstone 0 - 1 Maidenhead United 
Wealdstone - Marcus Dewhurst, Jack Cook, Charlie Barker, Tarryn Allarakhia, Nathan Ferguson, Max Kretzschmar (Andrews 64’), Charlie Seaman, Sam Bowen (Woodman 44’), Jaydn Mundle-Smith, Aaron Henry, Sean Adarkwa 
Maidenhead United - Craig Ross, Zico Asare, Will De Havilland, Kevin Lokko, Sam Beckwith, Remy Clerima, Casey Pettit, Reece Smith (Adams 85’), Jayden Mitchell-Lawson (Barratt 46’), Ashley Nathaniel-George, Tobi Sho-Silva (McCoulsky 58’) 
Tagged as: Club, Men
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings