Alan Devonshire made three changes to the side who drew 2-2 with Rochdale last weekend as Harry Parsons, Brad Keetch and Remy Clerima all came in for David Omilabu, Charlee Adams and James Golding. 
It was an evenly contested start to the game with neither side able to control possession or create chances during the early stages. 
The first chance of the game fell to Tobi Sho-Silva, the forward got on the end of a good delivery into the box by Casey Pettit but couldn’t direct his header past keeper Harrison Lee. 
Maidenhead continued to grow into the game as the first half progressed and maintained more of the ball looking to create an opening. 
Harry Parsons would be the first to create an opening from range, his strike was easily collected by Lee in goal. 
Sho-Silva would make all of the pressure count on the half-hour mark getting his second goal in a Maidenhead shirt after getting on the end of a corner. 
Sho-Silva got his and Maidenhead’s second minutes later after some neat play from substitute David Omilabu and Jayden Mitchell-Lawson left the forward with an easy finish. 
Half-time: Weston-super-Mare 0-2 Maidenhead United 
The Seagull's first chance of the game came in the early stages of the second half through Rex Mannings whose effort from range was easily saved by Craig Ross. 
Maidenhead continued the second half in the same way they finished the first controlling most of the ball, albeit not creating any chances early on. 
Pettit had the Magpies first chance of the second half with a speculative effort from range which almost caught out Lee. 
Zico Asare was the next in a blue shirt to fire from range, his strike from distance was well stopped by Lee. 
Maidenhead’s onslaught continued with Omilabu who danced into the box with the ball but couldn’t get his strike on target. 
Reece Smith’s tricky footwork almost earned Maidenhead their third just after the hour mark, Lee stopped his goal-bound effort from inside the box. 
The hosts were awarded an indirect free-kick from around five yards out, Maidenhead put everyone on the line and defended the free-kick well. 
Sho-Silva got his hat-trick in stoppage time after reacting first following a good save from Lee to tap into an open net. 
Full-time: Weston-super-Mare 0-3 Maidenhead United 
Weston-super-Mare – Harrison Lee, Keiran Thomas, Jason Pope, Jacob Cane, Lloyd Humphries ©, Samuel Avery, James Morton (Bastin 60’), James Dodd, Rex Mannings, Jacob Roddy (Edwards 60’), Reuben Reid. 
Maidenhead United – Craig Ross ©, Zico Asare (Massey 81’), Sam Beckwith, Will De Havilland, Harry Parsons (Omilabu 35’), Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Brad Keetch, Tobi Sho-Silva, Casey Pettit (Kinsella 69’), Reece Smith, Remy Clerima 
Tagged as: Club, Men
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings